Question What to do, what to do?! New iMac? MacBook? Monitors?

So far it’s just airtags and a new iPad Pro 11 for me. ATV4K I’ll give a miss now that I just read the calibration is coming within 14.5 next week for the current gen 4K

So far it’s just airtags and a new iPad Pro 11 for me. ATV4K I’ll give a miss now that I just read the calibration is coming within 14.5 next week for the current gen 4K
I’m not even bothering with the iPad Pro. My current 11 is plenty fast enough for my use

So these AirTags are trackers? Like Tile but better I assume

Hmmm, may have to pick up a new Touch ID enabled keyboard once they are sold separately. Been confirmed that they work with all M1 macs

Hmmm, may have to pick up a new Touch ID enabled keyboard once they are sold separately. Been confirmed that they work with all M1 macs

Looks good but I would need a space grey which I what I have now and think it looks great and then I realised I would never use the feature. When docked I always use my Apple Watch to auto unlock and when password is required. Give that a try before you buy! (Assumes you have an Apple Watch)

Looks good but I would need a space grey which I what I have now and think it looks great and then I realised I would never use the feature. When docked I always use my Apple Watch to auto unlock and when password is required. Give that a try before you buy! (Assumes you have an Apple Watch)
I do to, was thinking about Apple Pay when shopping online.

Does the watch not do that, I thought it did now?

It does work via Watch, and also Touch ID on iPhone (don't know about Face ID) – even on a 2012 Mac mini!

While my mini is still absolutely fine in day-to-day use, for personal stuff, work and as a media server, I'm conscious it's increasingly being left behind.

I haven't upgraded to Catalina (partly because Mojave has been faultless and have seen no need, partly because the Harmony app was never upgraded to 64-bit), and that means I can't connect my phone to import photos. Reminders don't sync properly, passwords saved on iPhone sync to Mac but not vice versa, little niggles like that.

Also aware Mojave will stop getting security updates later this year, so will probably have to bite the bullet and move to Catalina at some point in the near future, and that will buy me another year – or invest in a new M1 mini, presuming it won't get a significant update for a fair while.

If I did hold out until support for Catalina is dropped, probably December, 2022, I'd have had the mini for eight years. That's pretty impressive for something that cost £339 as a refurb. Although that makes the cost of a new mini, more than double, look less appealing.

I want the airtags to replace my tile just for the better coverage and then saw the price for the key chain accessory 😂.
I'm defiantly going to wait for the cheap add on from ali express.

I want the airtags to replace my tile just for the better coverage and then saw the price for the key chain accessory 😂.
I'm defiantly going to wait for the cheap add on from ali express.
Belkin also do a key ring for £12 but it’s obviously not as nice looking as the Apple one

Belkin also do a key ring for £12 but it’s obviously not as nice looking as the Apple one
You can already get leather ones for $4 on ali express so will order now in preparation.
Its a shame they didn't include a hole for your key chain, but most probably did it to sell these accessories.

I saw the hermes add on for £300! absolutely crazy.

Well I will be ordering 4 pack of Airtags tmrow at 1pm all going well.
With my work discount looking at £88.80.

Just ordered 3 Leather cases, as one AirTag will be in my wallet, so doesn't need a case.

4 pack with engraving.

1C48A0A6-B19D-4AE0-80E6-641B61A8B599.jpeg

I went with family engraving too. Still surprised it’s arriving on launch day.
Haven’t replaced my family Tiles for 2 years waiting for these to arrive “any minute” now!
86B7ECE7-5D9B-4867-B1D6-1DAC1E7E0D8D.jpeg

I went with family engraving too. Still surprised it’s arriving on launch day.
Haven’t replaced my family Tiles for 2 years waiting for these to arrive “any minute” now!
View attachment 1499694
Congratulations your delivery date is faster then mine.👍🏽
I didn’t order till 2pm due to work

That’s still a nice discount.
JL are normally quite good at getting Apple stock quite early on.
I think these will be a big hit, I loved Tile but the user base was so low that it was only really good at finding your keys/item within your home and even then without the accuracy that this thing it going to have.
Apple shipping dates have all slipped till May now.

That’s still a nice discount.
JL are normally quite good at getting Apple stock quite early on.
I think these will be a big hit, I loved Tile but the user base was so low that it was only really good at finding your keys/item within your home and even then without the accuracy that this thing it going to have.
Apple shipping dates have all slipped till May now.
I’m wondering how well they may work as a basic vehicle tracker.
Other than keys, I really don’t have much use for them tbh.

Yeah keys seem the obvious usage for me too though Tile did a very flat card version which I used to keep in my Wallet which was handy.
These days I hardly use a wallet but I used to take the Tile off my keys and chuck it in my luggage when travelling for extra piece of mind.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom