What to do now...?

H

hi-de-hi

Guys,

I posted recently regarding replacing my buzzing Hitachi PMA400e and received some excellent advice pointing me in the general direction of a 6 series panasonic or a pioneer 433/434 .

I have decided that I like the advantages of the Pioneer (good repuataion for after sales support as well as better res and HDMI).

Richer Sounds have once again impressed me. They have tried to get hold of the pioneer for me but have come back and said that they are unfortunately unable to. They've suggested I look at a Toshiba which I have and don't fancy. So, the end result is that 5 months after buying the TV, they have offered me a full refund so that I can buy the one that I want elsewhere. Regrettfully, I must take them up on this offer.

So, I now have my £2500 back, and before I take the plunge again I want to find out whether I should consider a projector system over a plasma, bearing in mind that I'm going to have to chuck in another £1000 quid or more to get the pioneer.

My questions then,
1. Do I wait for the 434mxe to come out in the hope that the 433mxe comes down significantly in price before I buy?
2. Do I spend the £2500 on a projector system and have much larger image on my wall?
3. Do I throw all caution to the wind and pick up the 504HDE from Richer Sounds for the bargain price of £4400?

Cheers in advance,

Simon

A 504 for £4400. Snap their hand off. Unless of course you meant 503HDE :)

Pioneer are nearly out of silver MXe's nothing much will come off them now. If you don't mind charcoal, I daresay a bargain or 2 could be had, even I've got too many of them. The richer price is below UK trade. Yet again I shake my head, how do they do it?

edit
Pioneer PDP503HDE (50" Plasma Package - with at home warranty) £7999.95 SAVE £3500 £4499.95 Not what the doctor ordered. This is the old model, you are better off elsewhere

Their website makes no mention of a 504HDE so guess it must either be an in store offer only or, as questioned above, hi-de-hi actually meant a 503.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom