What to do !? new screen problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by GAC, Feb 20, 2005.

1. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well after much reading and much head aches im still trying to work out what large panel to jump at.

basically im looking for a 42" plasma, that will be hdtv ready for sky.

i was looking at the lg px11 but that not going to be able to do hdtv, then i took a gander at the hitacahi 5200 and that was looking good BUT im not convinced with the resolution (1024/1024) although it has all the relevant inputs, but alas we (currys) dont have them in stock apart from our website and im not using that monstrosity.

so what next, anyone gotten any recommendations ??? as im getting more and more confused the more i read about it all :rolleyes:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    You work for Currys? Can't you get a deal on the Pio. FDE? The Hitachi is not really HD ready anyway, it has problems with 50Hz signals, and seems to deliberately overscan on 1080i. Maybe you shouldn't admit to working there, your organisation comes in for a fair bit of stick here, I'm sure not all of it fairly.

3. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i bet most of its true as we do some prity odd things as a company.
    before anyone jumps at me for sales stuff im in a warehouse in a shop so i keep out of the mud slinging.

have to take a gander at the pioneer, see what i can get through work deal wise :cool:

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    It's the best you sell, absolutely no room for doubt, and in fact still the only 'guaranteed' HD ready screen. Others 'might well' support it, but either need expensive extras, or whilst they appear to support in practice, don't give so much as a sniff in the manual.

5. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the 435FDE, really impressed with it. Ok, some ppl like MAW may say there are better screens/scaler combinations for better PQ but I am personally very happy with it. Obviously I have nothing to compare it with unlike MAW, although I did have an Hitatchi 42PD4200 for a week but that went back as soon as I could get it in the car and into Edinburgh, was shi*e compared to the Pio.

Steve

6. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just wondering what your views are on the fde v xde as what hifi's review said they have the fde in and compaird to the xde it wasnt as good although its ment to be the same panel !?

very confusing if this is the truth, but il see if i can get hold of one to play with at work

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Never noticed a difference between the 2. Steve has a point, of course, the FDE is not 'bad', just not up to what can be achieved with SD sources.

8. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well we do sell the 43" xde and yes we do rip people off, we have it listed at £4499!!! :eek: (best price online is £2690)

the manager offerd me the 434 fde (previous model if im correct) for £1799 and thats for a old display unit. bit tempted but id rather get a new one and spend a bit more for a very good one :D

so think il be waiting for may when i have some cash sorted and the house empty and time off work so i can install it all without the hassle of boddies being in the way.