1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do after the FQ-75....

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RichieS, Jun 25, 2002.

1. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many of us are in the position of looking for a new TV having got our FQ-75's refunded

We spent a lot of money and all we got was disappointment and hassle.....we don't want to go through that again...we want safety

Aside from the scrolling bars, I thought the FQ-75 had a very impressive picture. It seemed to be the only TV out there which didn't suffer from the effects of 100hz processing (this was the reason I bought mine). Initially I was very happy with my purchase.......we all know what came next

So....The Question

What we'd like to know from everyone one else is if there is another TV that has as good...or better...picture than the FQ-75?

Like a lot of people I'm considering a Loewe...however these sets seem to have inferior pictures to the FQ-75 by showing a relatively soft picture and some effects of 100hz processing

Is there anyone out there who can help?

2. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Definately got to be a Loewe - almost perfect geometry on mine, very minor processing visible in DMM mode (VERY minor), softer picture - but I would imagine just as much detail as the FQ75 - is the detail you are seeing on the FQ75 real detail or just interpolated stuff that makes it look better ? 2RGBs (1 inc Component) + 1 Svideo/Composite Scart, can't go wrong ...

I went through about 2 months winging about how soft the image was on my Loewe - but now I've got used to it, the picture is much better than the 'sharp' picture my Tau Panasonic gave ...

I had 5 panasonics before I bought my Loewe - and now wouldn't change it for anything.

Mark.

3. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Buckstar

Looks like I might have to hold off before buying a new TV....don't want to get a worse TV than the FQ-75

4. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    The new Philips 9527 are supposed to carry the new Cybertube, which will hopefully have assured near-perfect geometry.