1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(What to do about) the state of CRT TV's ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Steve1138, May 10, 2002.

1. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spawning off from the original post.... here's what I can (try to) do.

I work for a large multinational plastics & chemicals company, one of several who supply the plastic used in the TV cabinets. (let's not start discussing that !!). As such, we have pretty good relations to 'our customers', working with them on development of new models (on the plastic bit that is)... but because of this, we have good contacts.

Through our account managers, I should be able to get in touch with the marketing people at the majors in Europe and pass on our comments, such as those from the original post on this subject. I think we collected some good comments there and even though we may be a minority in terms of total market for TV buyers, if WE can't get our point across in a technically astute manner - then NOBODY can.

I'll send E-mails out to our sales / Marketing managers this weekend and see what I can come up with.

(This is how I managed to get in touch with 2 guys in Loewe's RnD department)

Hopefully, none of you have had any problems with the cabinets ?...!!!
    (if you have - it's probably not OUR material !!)

Steve
    (in Switzerland)
    (and no. It's not CIBA)

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with JVC cabinets.... They're made of flimsy snap-on plastic bits ... they even use plastic screws :mad:

3. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think JVC are one of the ones who don't use our material !

Steve

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They need help ... only you can save them Steve ;)