What to change

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by camcroft, Jan 11, 2012.

1. camcroft

camcroft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi.I am new on here today :hiya:.I have had my present system for a few years now.I hava a Sony TA-FE570 amp and Sony CDP-XE570 cd player and a pair of Mission 701 speakers.I would like some advice on what would be my best way to upgrade the system without having to change all the components.They were all 5 star rated (Whathifi ) in their day but times have changed and I have been out of touch for a few years so I would appreciate any advice.Thanks in anticipation.:)

2. formbypc

formbypc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    What do you want to achieve by making changes? Is there some aspect of the current system that you want to improve, or is there something you're unhappy with?

Do you plan on retaining CD as your only source component, or do you want to use other sources?

3. camcroft

camcroft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi. And thanks . I mostly use the 2.1 speaker system on the pc in the same room,good as it is it doesn`t replace the quality of sound. My wife said to me that I never use my stereo but after visiting a relation recently he showed me his 20+k system top end of course. Out of my reach of course but things have come a long way since I bought my setup so much so that i should think that equipment looks and sounds better.I still use cd but I also can stream music from my Ipod or Ipad using a Bluetooth device.When my wife goes to work is the time that I can enjoy my music.I have just recieved a pair of Mordaunt short 902i`s about half an hour ago and I have connected the right speaker. so on the left is the Mission 701 and on the right are the 902`s the MS`s are quite a lot smaller but the sound is quite good and I know that when I connect the other it will sound different again as the best sound normally comes from the left speaker.It just shows me how things have changed regardless of the size of them.Cheers.Alex

4. camcroft

camcroft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Been playing this afternoon with the MS 902`S and have had them on my stands the sound is quite good but they are not at ear level so I want to get some speakers about the same size as the 701`s. The amplifier is possibly still good as it did sound different through both sets of speakers.I have been watching B & W speakers on ebay the 601`s and the 602`s all series are there any others that you think I should consider even other 2nd hand models.The 902`s will now go as rears on my home cinema system.Thanks in advance