what to buy

O

oz1966

I am putting together my first home cinema system and have already bought a panasonic tv and a set of kef 2005 speakers.I would like a dvd player that can play cd's with a good quality sound but I cant find one.Can anyone give me a few suggestions please.I am also looking at the denon avr3802.Has anyone got one out there? are you happy with it??

I have got the Denon 3802 and it is a great receiver and would highly recommend it. This is my second av amp, but I still find some of the setting up a little bit confusing and the instructions could be better (IMO:) ), but if you do find this then just post a question on this forum and the hundreds of 3802 users will jump to answer the qustion(s):D
As for DVD, what is your budget? I have just got a Tosh SD900E for £700 multi region (originally £1300 when released and still sold for aroud £1000 from some retailers.). This has great CD playback but might be a bit too expensive, if so do a search to see what is recommended.

Good luck
Mark.

Thanks mark. The dvd is a bit out of my price range this time as I have had to buy everything from scratch. The search continues!!

cheers oz
:confused:

You can't go wrong with Pioneer or Toshiba, both makes will reward you with good quality images and sound. Prices start from about £100.

If you are wanting it more for music then maybe a look at some of the players that are capable of DVD-A, it will still play your CD's and DVD's but you will benefit from the new format as well, not many titles available to date but it is bound to increase. I have just picked up a Toshiba 520 £300, watched Vertical Limit last night and the PQ is top notch, and the sound was pumped through a Denon 3801, what more could I want. BTW the avalanches and a Velodyne CHT15 :eek:

Just going to order my first DVD-A, yes it's going to be The Eagles, have heard so much about this disc I'm going to find out for myself what the fuss is all about. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom