what to buy

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oz1966, Oct 2, 2002.

1. oz1966

oz1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am putting together my first home cinema system and have already bought a panasonic tv and a set of kef 2005 speakers.I would like a dvd player that can play cd's with a good quality sound but I cant find one.Can anyone give me a few suggestions please.I am also looking at the denon avr3802.Has anyone got one out there? are you happy with it??

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,473
    I have got the Denon 3802 and it is a great receiver and would highly recommend it. This is my second av amp, but I still find some of the setting up a little bit confusing and the instructions could be better (IMO:) ), but if you do find this then just post a question on this forum and the hundreds of 3802 users will jump to answer the qustion(s):D
    As for DVD, what is your budget? I have just got a Tosh SD900E for £700 multi region (originally £1300 when released and still sold for aroud £1000 from some retailers.). This has great CD playback but might be a bit too expensive, if so do a search to see what is recommended.

Good luck
    Mark.

3. oz1966

oz1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mark. The dvd is a bit out of my price range this time as I have had to buy everything from scratch. The search continues!!

cheers oz
    :confused:

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't go wrong with Pioneer or Toshiba, both makes will reward you with good quality images and sound. Prices start from about £100.

If you are wanting it more for music then maybe a look at some of the players that are capable of DVD-A, it will still play your CD's and DVD's but you will benefit from the new format as well, not many titles available to date but it is bound to increase. I have just picked up a Toshiba 520 £300, watched Vertical Limit last night and the PQ is top notch, and the sound was pumped through a Denon 3801, what more could I want. BTW the avalanches and a Velodyne CHT15 :eek:

Just going to order my first DVD-A, yes it's going to be The Eagles, have heard so much about this disc I'm going to find out for myself what the fuss is all about. :)