1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to buy?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cavedude, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Cavedude

Cavedude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have recently moved house and have revamped the whole place and decided the wall looked bare :D After hours of convincing my girlfriend we needed a t.v she finanly gave in.

Anyway, I have read a little about them over the past few days on here and have realised I cant afford a top-notch HD ready plasma. I will be connecting
    a DVD, VHS, AMP + Speakers and freeview with the possibility maybe of a console. I would like a 42" preferably. I have around £1400 max.

I did go to comet and currys, comet told me to buy an LG cause they make the tubes or something and they were probaly the best not sure what model it was but it looked pretty good and currys pointed me towards some ulgy looking thing. Richer Sounds seem to have a good deal on a LG with everything aswell as a panny.

I am concerned about screen burn and motion blur, I watch alot of DVD's and love my picture quality. Could you people please suggest what my best options are.

Thank you
    Jamie.

2. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You could do worse than look at the panasonic pw7 (www.av-sales.co.uk), until recently I had a pw6 and was happy with it. Having said that I'v just upgraded to a HD ready panel and I'm even happier! - my panny 6 panel is for sale in the forums if your interested.

3. Cavedude

Cavedude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will you link me please :)

4. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: