What to buy

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mell0, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya lads & lasses

I would like some advice on a home entertainment system to be used for both music and cinema. I have come up with the following system and would like some feed back on weather this is a good choice or not or if u have some other recommendations. From what I have read it seems have had some good reviews.

Amp – Denon AV2105

Speakers – KEF Q series

Front – Q5
    Centre – Q9
    Rear – Q1

Sub – PSW3000

2. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Kef Q range and extremely impressed with them they look stunning and sound superb

I had the PSW2500 Sub before i upgraded to the SVS and it was lacking a little, but the PSW3000 should be better with those speakers you chose

I rang Hi Spek up for a price as they seem to be the cheapest, and if you live near enough then you can pick them up from one of there stores, i didn't so i got a local store to price match there price which they did :)

3. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice it seems that I am on the right tracks do you think the amp would be able to provide enough power for the speakers

4. Andrew K

Andrew K
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    The Q series are great for both music and home cinema.

Although more expensive you may want to try out the Arcam AVR250 as an alternate amp if you want a musical side as well.