1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to buy

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mell0, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya lads & lasses

I would like some advice on a home entertainment system to be used for both music and cinema. I have come up with the following system and would like some feed back on weather this is a good choice or not or if u have some other recommendations. From what I have read it seems have had some good reviews.

Amp – Denon AV2105

Speakers – KEF Q series

Front – Q5
    Centre – Q9
    Rear – Q1

Sub – PSW3000

2. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Kef Q range and extremely impressed with them they look stunning and sound superb

I had the PSW2500 Sub before i upgraded to the SVS and it was lacking a little, but the PSW3000 should be better with those speakers you chose

I rang Hi Spek up for a price as they seem to be the cheapest, and if you live near enough then you can pick them up from one of there stores, i didn't so i got a local store to price match there price which they did :)

3. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice it seems that I am on the right tracks do you think the amp would be able to provide enough power for the speakers

4. Member 231429

Member 231429

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    The Q series are great for both music and home cinema.

Although more expensive you may want to try out the Arcam AVR250 as an alternate amp if you want a musical side as well.