1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to buy Toshiba 28zt29 or 28zd26?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Soy1, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Soy1

Soy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone please help me by telling me if there is any difference in quality and features between these two sets. I know that the 28zt29 has dolby digital built in and a digital tuner. Its also quite a bit more expensive. If the other features and picture quality are the same i may be better off buying the 28zd26 and buying the other parts seperate. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give on the subject.

2. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same dilemma about these 2 tv's. do i spend the extra £300 to get the IDTV and Dolby stuff or should i settle for the cheaper tv and buy extra bits when i can?

i'm not an expert on this stuff and my current tv is so old it doesn't even have a scart socket, so i'm sure whichever i get will blow my mind in terms of improvement. but when spending this much i don't want to regret it in a few months.

any advice for us both?

ta, neil

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Probably

your better off getting the cheaper set and buying when you have the money either a seperate home theatre or something like a dvd player with amplifier all in one system with speakers, like the pioneer which would cover the difference but then you would have better sound and dvd player as well.

if the tv picture is the same quality of course

good luck