• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What to buy? Samsung LE-40M71, Sony KDL-40V2000 or Toshiba 42WLT66P?

T

twocars

Want a new LCD, but can't decide on what to buy.
Samsung LE-40M71, Sony KDL-40V2000 or Toshiba 42WLT66P, which is the best one? Any views, experiences etc?

Going to use it with a computer, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Thanks

CCH

Monk888

Sony is very good, 2 reviews I read stated the Sony was the top Dog, the Tiger Woods of large LCDs.

I think the Sony is the best looking and very compact for the screen size, takes up no more room than most 37" screen sizes with huge side speakers.

lokideviluk

Standard Member
My KDL-40v2000 pretty much died after 2 days, but Id still recommend it, Awesome picture and sound (for those 2 days). The blacks were super dark and the 360 ran amazing with no ghosting at all.

Regards
Ryan

paulm187

So for the best 40" LCD is the Sony 40V2000. But it has only 1 HDMI. The Samsung LE40M71B has 2 x HDMI and 100mhz processing. The Samsung is rumoured to be released in August.

O

oip

is there any difference between the Refresh Rate of the Toshiba and Sony? is it important in the decision which one to buy? i have found out that the Sony 40" has 8 ms but i can't find the data for the Toshiba 37"

Monk888

I had the Tosh, I would say it was nearer 12ms.

It's a clear fight between the Tosh and Sony.

The Samsung new models are not deemed to have improved that much,
pre-release reviews

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom