What to buy? any advice

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by phil750, Sep 19, 2007.

1. phil750

phil750
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oki, im 18 on october 19th and my rents have said ok you got £300 what do you want to buy, so i thought about it and after a while i thought oo xbox 360, i play alot of pc games, and of course most pc games come out on x box, and save me upgrading my graphics card every 8 or so months. Personaly im a playstation fan, but £400 for a ps3, no thank you, and my bro is going to buy one soon anyway. So iv never owned a x box orginal or 360. So iv been browsing the web looking at deals etc..
    so my main question is elite or premium - so here i should say i have a nice 40 inch sony bravia 1080i hd ready tv downstairs, which of course i will use and kick my rents off. iv read that the premium is getting the hdmi cable in the back, but what i wanted to know is it being upgraded from 720 - 1080p? because that was one of the main reasons i was looking at elites. Also, i wanted to now how x box 360 overheating and chip coming loose issues are on the new models? i dont want to buy one to just break after 2 weeks.
    So any advice on either which one to get and if anyone knows any good deals?

p.s does anyone know if when halo 3 comes out theyl being doing deals with halo 3 included, because of course thats another reason why im geting a x box n not ps3.

thanks guys

2. geordie10

geordie10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    All the 360s have been able to display 1080p for a while now but i would get an elite.
    Also the elite has the new cooling system fitted.

http://benheck.com/07-12-2007/inside-the-xbox-360-elite

Halo 3 is out on the 26th of september and i think game and gamestation are doing elite with halo 3 deals

3. matt1976

matt1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Elite!

Know that means you've got no dollar for games like, but its the ELITE! If you hunt around you can find top games at good prices (still not how much we'd like to pay, but what is?!) and for the difference in price of the Prem and Elite... well. From what I've read on here, you may need to ask for an HDMI Prem anyway as dealers still have the 'old' models so it may be hit and miss whether you got a 'new' Prem with HDMI. THEREFORE safer to get Elite in the first place.

HDMI to the Sony - beautiful!

4. phil750

phil750
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers on that guys, i have to say im edging towards an elite.
    but hopefuly im going to get a x mas temp job at game like i did last year,
    which means i get 10% off hardwear, so that means £297 for the elite deal with 2 games, bargin!

5. wellladida

wellladida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    ti think you should get elite espicially if it comes with 2 games if its any game you should get gears of war and wait for halo3 and you wont need any other games for ages that is if you get xbox live which is worth the fiver a month since you wont need to keep buying new games as you will be addicted to same all time classics like gow cod3 halo 2 etc.

but if you just want loads of games and not the gadgets of the elite then think about the halo3 xbox its the same a the premium but looks nicer probably be worth more on resale.

6. smallesttrade

smallesttrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    if you buy any games, you must get rainbox six vegas as it is probably the best game released on the 360. You won't regret it and you should be able to pick it up for around £18.

7. phil750

phil750
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yer im adding all these games to my list -- personaly im a first person shoter player so all like rainbow six, halo, gear of wear, lost planet , boishock etc.. all on my list to buy!

8. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Gears Of War and Lost Planet are not first person shooters. They are actually third person shooters.

9. Blackbolt360

Blackbolt360

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    My personal belief of the games you should be getting upon owning an xbox 360 for the first time are:

Gears of War (truly amazing)
    BioShock (probably the deepest richest story you'll get on 360 atm and its got amazing gameplay)
    Rainbow Six Vegas (outstanding, probably my favourite 360 game, bioshock is closing in though)
    Oblivion (probably best RPG ever made)
    GRAW2 (brilliant gameplay, brilliant missions)

There're a few FPS style games, Oblivion is an First Person RPG which is so much fun to play and you could spend 100 hours playing it and still come across something new. The game doesnt feel like a game, every single building is filled with hundreds/thousands of items and the entire place just feels realistic and lived in.

Also there are other good games to check out, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata and you should also give the Xbox Live Arcade a gander, hundreds of small games, all with free demo's to try. HMV are doing a deal at the moment with Elite & Blue Dragon game and also 1 other of a choice, of which I think Stuntman is the best available, all for £299.99. Those 2 games are worth £50 in trade value, so you could get Halo 3 if you wanted. This depends when you're getting the money, if its on your birthday I'd wait as the christmas deals will be around by then and you could get a better bargain.

10. phil750

phil750
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yer thanks for all the advice guys! bday next week and iv gone for elite, deal im geting is gamestation - elite console and forza 2, and extra wireless controller £299. even with the launch of the new ps3, which i think is an amazing console after playing my mates. The thing the edged the 360 for the same price is the games, there are atm 2 games i would like for the ps3, were as for x box there 20 odd. so iv never thought i would be saying this but i picked x box over ps3! gotta get me halo 3 aswell.
    anyone else know of any good deals for elite though? around £300-30 mark.