1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to buy? 42PW6, 37PHillips or 32 LCD?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by WSB, Jan 5, 2005.

1. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I'm debating (and debating and debating some more) what TV to purchase-

my first thoughts after reading everything on the forums was to go for the panasonic 42 (either the PW6 or PW7). I then saw some 32 LCD screens which are HD compliant and was very impressed with the quality of what I saw there too and to top it all off I just saw richer sounds are doing the Phillips 37PF9946 for £1250. I'm real glad I waited cos the price of the panels has come down alot over the last couple of months. As for the LCD - the new toshiba 32" which is HD compatible and has a great screen- speaking of which- whats better in terms of picture quality? lcd or plasma? having seen both of them I think they are roughly the same but I only saw it in the shops and they werent set up ideally so one could be miles better than the other but just not setup properly.
    I've not heard much about the Phillips 37 plasma so if anyone has any opinions on it then please share.
    In conclusion- here are my three options-
    -Pana PW6 42- need to buy stand and video board seperately and no tuner which isnt that big a deal. also no speakers but a sony surround sound amp and kit so again not a big deal.
    -Phillips 37PF9946 - everything inbuilt- comes with stand and tuner and speakers. Whats the quality of the screen like?
    -Toshiba 32 LCD - Again- comes with everything + HD compatible + has pc inputs built in.

If anyone can help me with my dilemma I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

2. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got the Phillips 37". As of yet have not set it up waiting for wall mount, don't get the mount from richer go for av sales. Picture looked good, if not better than most on display, appart from HD sets! but then you pay for the extra. Will let you now how it looks at home when I have set it up.

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    IMHO LCD screens look great with very high quality material. Try them with SKY news/sport/most channels and they look distinctly dodgy, unless you're sitting 20 feet away.

4. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *** Got scrath one screen when got it out of box have set up on floor and picture looks poor with sky- rgb scart signal think it plasma not connections. Have decided to exchange for Pany 6

5. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have got the pany today PW6... Much better picture than Phillips I would stear clear of that screen.