What to buy 1080p 42" £600ish

dsk2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this although I have done a little research.... I would like 42" and 1080p is the way to go at that size right??? I have come up with this...it has the LG "XD Engine" what do you guys think???
LG 42LF66

Does anyone have any better ideas could prob go up a little in price but max £700...

Cheers for any advice...:clap:

Not a good idea,this LG is old and crappy....have a look at the Sony KDL-40V3000

Ok thanks for that.... I hadn't realised the LG model was an old one, I have had a quick look at the Sony and it does look great... you obviously know your stuff... the only prob I have is the price, I may have to consider the 37" or wait a bit for the price to come down on the 40". Thanks very much for your help... is there any others you think I should consider...?

Thanks again...

If you are struggling a bit for the 40V3000 then you might look into the 40D3500 model which is slightly below.Its the same as V3000 just looses an HDMI and has matte finish.I think you can find it below £700 if this helps

I know you are saying it is old and crappy :) but I'm not a TV snob or expert and want a good deal. :) It's going for 650 quid in Sainsbury's at the moment, and we've got 150 200 quidish vouchers from wedding pressies to spend.

Do you think it is worth going for? , for basically about 500 quid? tat

you speak about the LG?

Yeah Chris, cheers.

Got a load of these vouchers for a retail park/mall, so I'm limited to the shops there, that's the deal, all I'm permitted. :) :) :)

So, they've got a Sainsburys, Currys, PC World...poss an Argos, so I need to purchase from there. Bummer though, as that Sony 40d and 40V are going for good money on links on other threads I've noticed.

We'll see! Any advice appreciated.

yeah check the D3500/V3000 price at the valid stores and try to get one of those I highly reccomend to avoid the LG

yeah check the D3500/V3000 price at the valid stores and try to get one of those I highly reccomend to avoid the LG

They've got the Sony's at the Currys store apparently, but the cost there, even with vouchers, is prohibitive :( I'll keep looking, appreciate your help mate.

If that's a Comet price, Jim, it's not as we know it!

How did you manage that?

The Sony 40v3000 is £649 in the Currys/Dixons in Cambridge...might be worth going in to the one near you.

Also I think dixons still have 40D3500 for £580

Or you can get the 40d3500 from John Lewis for £599.99 with their 5 year guarantee. I ordered mine today!

Was refused a price match with currys for this price by JL Cribbs Causeway becaues they've lowered their price to that price anyway. Last I checked their website hadn't reflected this.

With dixons I think you have to pay a £19 delivery fee anyway, so it will work out around £599. So may as well go with JL!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom