1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what theatre system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rammy, Apr 19, 2005.

1. rammy

rammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i just bought a samsung dlp projection tv,/i'm after a really good cinema system, been thinkin of the denon st500,anyone got any views on this system? or any other for under £500 thanks.... :rolleyes:

2. reddux

reddux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    rammy - I've had the 50" Samsung a couple weeks now and wanting to upgrade sound stage and picture quality through DVD (currently using Pioneer DV-454-S). I'm 90% sure to go for the Denon, I'm just wondering how the PQ with the Denon 500SD via component (PAL Prog. Scan) compares with Panasonic S97/Samsung HD945 via HDMI & the Pioneer DV-575A-S via component (PAL or NTSC Prog. Scan) :confused:

I'm new to all this HDMI/Component/RBG stuff :oops:

3. rammy

rammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i went out and bought the denon st500 yesterday, and i would rate it v high. the sound is amazing the pic has improved alot, through component connection, the only down thing is the actual player is quite noisy, i can hear the fan working, but my old set up was behind a glass door so i didnt notice it so much.i'm still not 100% happy with my new sammy sp46dlp though.maybe i need to play around wuth the settings more.cheers

4. reddux

reddux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nice one :smashin:

I've ordered the denon too, and I've just ordered this stand in silver as they've just got them back in stock :D

btw I've not had any issus with the 50" Sammy, although watching football on it isn't perfect!

5. rammy

rammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI r u impressed with your denon cinema system? i just bought speaker stands but they cost me £50 they r exactly the same as my old ones but just with a different connection on top.oh well, 1 thing i have noticed with the player is the fan isn't very quiet, also i can a sound delay from the picture i tried adjusting it without any success, apart from that ithink it's excellent, still not 100% happy with pic quality on tv though.