1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the tide leaves behind

Discussion in 'Past Entries' started by ASH1, Aug 3, 2005.

1. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
  2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    It's an interesting take on the theme, can't help but feel that the border is distracting from the main picture though.

3. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Steve, your comments are always welcomed. It looks a lot better in the printed version, and as the saying goes, "you can't please all of the people all of the time". I was out with some of the boys from my camera club when that was taken. You can see from the exif that the aperture was f/18, I'd forgotten to change it from the previous shot. Thanks again for looking.

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'll be honest Ash, the photo looks very soft, i think the reason for that is that at 1/30 and 95mm those two things combined have lead to a hand holding problem. Many go with the general guide that you match the shutter speed (or beyond) to the focal length you're shooting at when hand holding, eg 100mm = 1/100 ect, some also say the crop factor should be calculated.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88566&highlight=focal+length+shutter+speed

It's just a general guideline not an absolute, it can sometimes depend on the individual and the conditions at the time.

It also looks compressed, if you like i'll image link it for you at a higher res:)

Shame mate, as it looked like it would have been a good one:)

5. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Steve, by all means if you think it will look better then image link it. Because I shoot in raw the original is just over 52MB in size. :smashin:

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sean :rolleyes: :laugh:
    convert it to jpeg, make it large high quality. I still think it's going to be soft soft because of movement mate to be honest. But i'll post it at about 300 400 kb . I'll pm you my addy