• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What the hell was Luis Suarez thinking ?

signs

Banned
Im not a football fan at all , rugby being my game .

What disgraceful behaviour , how come the police haven't been involved ? The guy wants locking up or one of these ..

robel

Prominent Member
he may be a good footballer but he has a disgusting personality...

bluedroog

Prominent Member
Over paid footballer that thinks he can get away with anything :mad: sack the lot of them imo :devil:

Money doesn't have anything to do with behaviour in this instance, Suarez was acting off instinct and clearly has a personally flaw. He's a disgusting person and has the face to match, can't stand the sight of him.

Last edited:

rampant

Prominent Member
he was thinking ummm lunch - hes actually a zombie in disguise who is going to be guesting on the Walking dead season 4 next year!

shodan

Distinguished Member
Should be nicked and prosecuted for it.

liamt

Distinguished Member

blue max

Distinguished Member
I'm not a great football watcher, but it never ceases to amaze me what they get up to in the penalty area. Pushing, pulling shirts and generally manhandling each other. It seems that it has reached the point where it is the norm and not exceptional. Bet they'll all be biting soon. :D

jenam93

Prominent Member
Well Jermain Defoe did the same thing back in 2006 and the FA took no action.

The referee saw the Defoe incident and gave him a yellow card so by the FAs own rules they could not do anything about it as it was dealt with at the time.

The ref did not see the Suarez incident so the FA can throw the book at him.

In this, whether the ref takes action or misses it, the FA are consistent (Even if it is stupid).

Suarez is a talented player no question. Also a complete..........!!

xox Godders xox

Prominent Member
at least hes not shagging his brothers wife or his team mates gf
Exactly. The guy’s obviously an animal when he crosses the white line and I wouldn’t dream of trying to excuse some of his shenanigans on the pitch but people who assume he’s a terrible person off the pitch obviously haven’t ever played team sports!

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
Appalling behaviour.

As a comparison with Rugby, the IRB laws sanction biting as follows (as starting points):

Law 10.4(l) Biting
Low End – 12 weeks
Mid Range – 18 weeks
Top End - 24+ weeks
Maximum - 208 weeks

As there were no marks, assume a Low End severity, but for a repeat offence these would be expected to be higher than the entry points.

blue max

Distinguished Member
Appalling behaviour.

As a comparison with Rugby, the IRB laws sanction biting as follows (as starting points):

Law 10.4(l) Biting
Low End – 12 weeks
Mid Range – 18 weeks
Top End - 24+ weeks
Maximum - 208 weeks

As there were no marks, assume a Low End severity, but for a repeat offence these would be expected to be higher than the entry points.

Amazing they even have a rule for such a thing. What has sport come to.

** Verve **

Established Member
What about eye gouging in Rugby? That is a truly despicable act that could potentially blind someone. Should be banned for life if you're convicted of that.

But then I don't see any rugby players who've done this getting as much vilification as Suarez?

Not defending Suarez by the way, the guy's got a screw loose!

Our Year

Distinguished Member
But then I don't see any rugby players who've done this getting as much vilification as Suarez?

Not defending Suarez by the way, the guy's got a screw loose!

exactly ... xenophobic probly ...im sure if lion heart JT had done this .. well yanno ... was there this much fuss when defoe did it ?
what Luis did was inexcusable , but well its Suarez so lets jump on the bandwagon again

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom