What the heck did I do to my Hitachi 42HDS69?

CrispinB

Novice Member
I have an older Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma with a cable card in my bedroom that I fall asleep to. I must have pressed something in my sleep because now my tv behaves differently.

In the upper right corner of the screen "cable", the channel number, and the name of the channel stay on indefinitely after turning the tv on or changing the channel and it used to go away after 5 seconds or so. If I hit exit it goes away. If I hit info, the resolution, language, time, and closed caption state are also displayed until I cycle out of that screen.

That is not the only change in behavior. I used to be able to change channel by typing the three digit number of the channel and after a second it changed. Now the number that I type just sits in the upper right indefinitely until I hit select to engage the new channel. Then I have the first problem that I mentioned.

Any Idea what setting I changed or what button I sat/slept on and how to reverse the change?

-Crispin

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom