What the fudge...Addon ADD-NWP300Ev3

Thorny17

Standard Member
Reaction score
I believe in my PC I have the adapter mentioned above attached in.

New PC

Been really looking forward to using it.

It just will not connect to the internet

The Addon software is a disgrace. I don't know where I am or what I'm doing. I've installed and uninstalled the software and hardware drivers so many times and in so many ways I feel sick.

Half the time it says no wireless adapter exists. Half the time it just says its disconnected. Its inside the pc and definitely connected. If I get to a certain screen I can troubleshoot, as the windowed troubleshoot just seems to think its not there, although occasionally will scan for a network. Sometimes I can use the Addon troubleshoot and this either just fails the ping test or says CCX failed, I have Googled this and some say to install the drivers using an old compatibility mode, and as Admin but this doesn't work although it seems to get closer.

Contacted the manufacturer but awaiting a reponse

any ideas from you guys? This is driving me nuts :-(

I should add I am quite computer literate so have tried all usual routes. Nothing at all seems to work. Using Windows 7 Premium.

Can you be more specific about the product you are trying to install and what you are installing it into?

Its a RaLink Addon (seems to go by both names) NWP300Ev3 wireless adapter.

I am trying to install it to Windows 7.

There's not much about it on Google, but from the bits I can find people have had trouble with the new drivers for these adapters, so have recommended installing them in XP Service Pack 2 - this seems to get me closer to fixing the problem, but doesn't solve it.

I assume the OP is referring to this PCIe WiFi Card. Can't help with the issues you're seeing I'm afraid.

Just to check, can you see the device in Control Panel/System/Device Manager under "Network Adapters" ?

I assume the OP is referring to this PCIe WiFi Card. Can't help with the issues you're seeing I'm afraid.

Just to check, can you see the device in Control Panel/System/Device Manager under "Network Adapters" ?

The link you posted is the Ev2, apparently I have the Ev3, although got sent the software for Ev2, which isn't a good start, but got the Ev3 drivers myself. No luck with both.

And yes I can see it there :)

When you installed the card, did it give you the option of installing using the manufacturers configurator or let windows do it?

Try a different pci-e slot.

When you installed the card, did it give you the option of installing using the manufacturers configurator or let windows do it?

Try a different pci-e slot.

No it didn't. The drivers are just installed off the disc, no options.

Will try a different slots next,thanks.

Sometimes they're ba**tards. I had an old USB Bluetooth stick. If I plugged it in before installing the software/drivers. It would never work. Even came with a warning not to plug in till after software installed!

Could it be that?

Sometimes they're ba**tards. I had an old USB Bluetooth stick. If I plugged it in before installing the software/drivers. It would never work. Even came with a warning not to plug in till after software installed!

Could it be that?

They are awful.

It came integrated inside the pc so had no choice but for it to be plugged in.

If I can't get it going tonight I will rip it out and purchase another, probably an external one, much easier. Cheap enough as well aren't they?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom