1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What teminals do i need?......help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Macleanrd, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Macleanrd

Macleanrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi All

Im going to be buying TH42PWD6BX pany in a few days and need some advise before i part with my money.

I have sky plus and also a pany home theatre system, sky is connected through a scart 21pin to av1 on my present tv, my home theatre is through scart as well and goes to av2 on my tele. I only have a scart connection on the home theatre and as far as i can tell on sky too. Can i have this set up on the pany pw6? Do I need anything extra? or is there a better way?

Please help

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's perfectly possible to use 2 scart boards, though you could also consider 1 scart and 1 JS VGA converter, and a VGA cable. This enables you to use the VGA port for 1 of your RGB scart sources. It does give a slightly better picture than scart, though going to the expense of 2 of them in addition to an extra PC input might be going a bit far. In the end, you will end up upgrading the HT system, then you will have to re-jig the connections. The JS box and the scart board both have 2nd hand value, so that bit at least should not cause vast expense.