What system do I need Please

Sharkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have my own business with HP Pro & Win Server 2008 on site, I require disaster recovery & offsite backup of my server files, I am just about to install some IP CCTV cameras and was thinking of a NAS or cloud based storage system for both files and CCTV footage.

I would like to also access the stored files from home (and everywhere else) I would also like email access like Outlook Exchange (not currently set up)

Any ideas would be most welcome.
Cheers

You could use a NAS or cloud backup but probably much cheaper and just as effective would be a couple of portable hard drives. Keep one off-site at all times and rotate them regularly, ideally on a daily basis.

Windows Server 2008 includes VPN functionality which should meet your requirements for remote access.

You could use a NAS or cloud backup but probably much cheaper and just as effective would be a couple of portable hard drives. Keep one off-site at all times and rotate them regularly, ideally on a daily basis.

Windows Server 2008 includes VPN functionality which should meet your requirements for remote access.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I am investigating NAS & Cloud systems so if anyone got any recommendations it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

If you go for cloud/online back up, and you're backing up cctv video it will take ages to upload unless you have a really good internet connection - like at least 5 -10 mb/s upload.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom