What surround sound speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Handle Bar Earl, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Handle Bar Earl

Handle Bar Earl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello everyone!

After buying myself the TH42PZ70 & PS3 for christmas. I'm now looking to purchase a 5.1 surround sound set-up. After much help from this forum, which lead me to buying the Panasonic, I would be grateful for your help in what is the best surround sound set-up for around the £800-900 mark?

I will predominately use it for TV and film use. I have a Yamaha Rx av amp which although old, I don’t want to up-grade (don't fix what isn’t broke)

I like the KEF3005se, svs sbs01 and the Tannoy Arena Lite 5.1 Speaker, but open to your knowledgeable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Cynar

Cynar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I posted this in another thread earlier today but applies here too -

In my opinion by far the best system for that kind of money is the Quad L-ite.
    They won numerous awards and were judged amazing value at nearly a £1000 and are currently discounted to as little as £525 see here.
    ......The sub, while not necessarily THE best is very very good, often described as the best bit of this system and retails for £549 on it's own.
    To me it really is a no-brainer at this price.

3. tommyb1

tommyb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How do the quad l-ites compare to the MA BR5av's? I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to decide which set up to get. It's to go with either the Onkyo 705 or 805.

4. AndyMoody

AndyMoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'm looking at the Quads or the Tannoy Arena Lites too, maybe even the KEF3005SE. I will need a pair of stands for the rear speakers that I'm able to screw/fix the speakers to as I'm worried about the dog or kids knocking the speakers off them. I think the Tannoys and KEF's screw to the stands? Any idea if you could do similar with the Quads? The Tannoy stands are about £200 a pair!!:eek:

Andy.