1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What suppliers

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stan30, Aug 24, 2005.

1. stan30

stan30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Going to order a Panny DMRE60D tonight. :clap:

Are RGB direct a reputable net trader :lease:

Any other recommendations :smashin:

TIA

Stan

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    I've bought stuff a few times from AVLand and they have always given excellent service. :thumbsup:

3. RosemaryP

RosemaryP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Toshiba RDXS34 from them. They seem more bothered as to whether you yourself are honest and would not deliver to anywhere but my home address. I ended up having to take a days holiday as the carriers will only try and deliver twice and of course the first time I was at work. As they are based across the Humber and I only have a moped I could not have collected it myself. The delivery man asked me if I was the person named on the order as he was not allowed to give it to anyone else other than a spouse.

Other than that everything went smoothly.

RosemaryP

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    That's getting to be fairly standard practice these days, particularly for first orders with a company. There have been so many cases of dodgy dealings with stolen card details that they have to make sure that the person collecting the goods is the card holder, therefore delivering to the registered address of the card holder.

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    RGB have very good reviews on Pricerunner UK
    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/913/reviews

I purchased my Topfield PVR from Unbeatable less than a month ago and the fact that
    they have now gone into administration makes me wonder now about web purchases for large value items. I have purchased many of the latter over the net during the past five years using my Debit card. Guess I should consider obtaining and using a credit card for such purchases from now on.