What supplements are you taking?

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been actually fully discussed before, but as I know we all have different goals/ targets I just figured it would be interesting to see what supplements/enhancers people are taking?

My list is currently as follows (all from MyProtien)

-Impact Whey Isolate Unflavored (I use liquid flavoring- amazing)
-"Pulse"- preworkout enhancer thingy
-CLA's (only just started taking, cant say I expect much but they were free)
-Creatine Monohydrate (although currently dont use as Pulse contains some and recommends not to take in conjunction with creatine- although as I understand it you cant overdose or anything on creatine so dont see the harm)

Im also considering starting Zinc & Magnesium as my sleeping is not the best at the moment despite hitting the gym hard, and have heard i does also provide other benefits.

And currently take a tesco multivitamin and Vitamin B complex but these are the cheapest version available and im considering spending a little more money on these (I take B complex primarily to try and help my skin but not convinced its doing anything- possibly because it being the cheap stuff or that im still lacking other important vitamins).

What does your cupboard/bag look like?

Grangey

I take Omega 3 liquid and the occasional MyProtein multivitamin.

No shakes, no creatine, not even milk.
I need to add some Vitamin D but that's it.

My workout drink is water. Yes it's boring but it works best imo.

Reflex Creatine ( Creapure )

ON BCAA Powder Great for me in morning fasted cardio every day and pre/ post weights

Met-RX L-Carnatine ( pre-workout )

ON Gold Protein (2 per day and one post workout evenings)

Reflex L-Glutamine ( mixed with protein 5 grams per serving )

Animal PAK Multivitamins ( there's 9 per pak per day :eek: or 2 paks if your competing :D)

Cod Liver Oil High Strength 10 ml per day

ZMA as i sleep like a baby

Its costly to maintain it all but there's not a lot there I would cut personally unless I had to, I don t drink or smoke so its faily easy to justify , I may reduce when I have reached my initial goal of 10% BF

I am currently trying PES Erase week one of 4 possibly 8 but i will see how it goes by week 3

Last edited:
Whey protein with my 10.30 oats snack & PWO
Animal cuts (only just started taking these - got just under 7 weeks until competition day)
Vit C
Multi Vit
5HTP
Fibre Force
Magnesium

Only supp when I'm prepping - off season I only have whey :)

ON - fish oil capsules
ON - Whey protein
ON - BCAA
ON - Amino Energy - Pre workout but only take once a week
ON - Casein
Myprotein - Green tea extract
ZMA - Reflex
Greenmag - Creatine
Vitamin C

I have cod liver oil with omega 3 for my joints.

Besides that I use whey protein.

The rest of my vitamins I try to have foods that include them as I prefer it that way.

Just My Protein whey twice a day mixed with 500ml of water.

I never used to drink much water at all (possibly just 1 cup of tea a day) as I used to drink latte all the time (one milk or fully skimmed), so wanted to increase my water intake.
I have one for my breakfast (2 scoops) with a scoop of My Protein oats (the powdery stuff). Then after the gym I will have another but without the oats.

Just protein powder for a little convenience. Other than that, I actually have a dislike for the supplement industry just for the way it's marketed. It's like women's makeup and the claimed benefits go way above the real benefits in my opinion.

Okay got my vitamin D3 supplies. I'm taking 10,000 IU atm. I'm surprised you lot don't take this vitamin. You're from Britain right? No sunshine? It's one of the few essential supplements IMO. It's linked to testosterone levels in guys too .

silent ninja said:
Okay got my vitamin D3 supplies. I'm taking 10,000 IU atm. I'm surprised you lot don't take this vitamin. You're from Britain right? No sunshine? It's one of the few essential supplements IMO. It's linked to testosterone levels in guys too .

I've been taking 5000iu for a while now. And agree its an essential. Lots of news stories about vit d deficiency lately. I thought 5000iu was enough ?

Apart from that I just have a few scoops of mp impact whey a day as i aim for 1g per lb and dont always hit it with solids. And 5g of Creatine.

I've been taking 5000iu for a while now. And agree its an essential. Lots of news stories about vit d deficiency lately. I thought 5000iu was enough ?

Apart from that I just have a few scoops of mp impact whey a day as i aim for 1g per lb and dont always hit it with solids. And 5g of Creatine.

5,000iu sounds right. I'm just taking a bit extra ;)

I have mass freak high protein in the morning I put a cup of oats in a blender with it
and I have that on the way to work plus another serving before a workout
after my workout I have a serving of reflex one stop extreme all in one I only have this
after as it cost to much to take twice every day best price from dolphin fitness:smashin:

Just vit d3, although i've had loads of colds,ear and chest infections since i started taking it...:facepalm:

I have had a lazy day no motivation ''got to 730 pm so I had a sachet of jack 3d micro I got free when I visited dolphin fitness .take 45 minutes before your workout .
I did shoulders and biceps. I did my workout started my reflex one stop xtream shake
and went back for another set of up right rows if I started my workout earlier god knows how long my workout would have larsted I think this stuff works:eek: just hope I can sleep tonight:D

Currently taking:

1x5000iu Vitamin D3
2x500mg Krill Oil
2 Scoops Whey (1 mid morning & 1 post workout)
5g Creatine

Also on Roaccutane for my adult acne so don't want to overdo it on the supplements.

that's interesting...what benefits do you get from it? :)

Plain whey protein, creatine mono, multivitamin and omega 3.

Id not heard much about D3 before either, I might include it in my next order but it still doesnt sound life changing from what ive read if youre realitivly fit or have a good immune system.

Ive just added ZMA to my supplement stack... helllooooo good nights sleep tonight (hopefully!)

Ive just added ZMA to my supplement stack... helllooooo good nights sleep tonight (hopefully!)

I started taking ZMA last week and in all honesty i've not really noticed any difference with my sleep.. Hopefully they take a few days to kick in.

Id not heard much about D3 before either, I might include it in my next order but it still doesnt sound life changing from what ive read if youre realitivly fit or have a good immune system.

likewise, hence me asking for a personal viewpoint...

I started taking ZMA last week and in all honesty i've not really noticed any difference with my sleep.. Hopefully they take a few days to kick in.

Yeah Ive heard its very hit and miss with some people. Some get signs of testostorone boosts with it (lower sounding voice, acne etc) and really heavy sleep, others just see the sleep but nothing else, other not much at all. Be interesting to see where I fit in, but if I get any acne from it il be stopping immidiately or at least lowering the dose.

Its going to be hard to see if it does make a difference tonight as Ive just run 5.5k ha but we shall see

No calcium base food or drink for at least an hour before taking it ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom