what sub would be best..

P

plattq45

receiver is Onkyo Tx-sr503 now im trying to get new sub.
down to what im thinking to get:
SVS 20-39pci
SVS PB12–ISD
HSU STF-3
MIrage S12

60% music 'R&B/HipHop'
40% movies
decent size living room.

please give me your thought of what will best to get.
thanks...

The SVS PCi isn't imported into UK at the moment so not many will have direct experience whilst I don't know of anyone here with an HSU so you may not get many opinions I'm afraid.

I see from your profile that your are from the USA.

As Ian says, the subs you list are readily available over there. But not in Europe and the UK where most (but not all) of the members of this forum reside.

The PCi range is rated as excellent value for money against the big names. I have the 16-46PCi and am amazed at the performance for how little it cost.

You might try asking the same question on Home Theatre Forum Speakers and Subwoofers where these subs are regularly discussed. Hopefully this link will get you close enough to be able to join. There is a very strong following for SVS there. While the HSU also has a very loyal supporters group.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46&daysprune=

If you are mainly into music (as I am) I would suggest you avoid a corner placing for your sub. I got much better results with my sub well away from the corner.

Welcome back Nimby!!:thumbsup:

I see you've been posting for a few days this month! Nice one!

Glad to see you're back in the groove.

:arty:

Malice said:
Welcome back Nimby!!

Glad to see you're back in the groove.

Thanks... but I wasn't aware that I'd fallen out of the groove. :devil:

I've listened to tons of music and bought a few more film DVDs. :smashin:

Thanks again to everybody for the warm welcome. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom