What sub for a room roughly 3m x 4m

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
That really is a shame, if you sell though you should not loose much money, shame I already have duals as I would have had it off you. :(
Go triple

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yep, ive decided to sell my monolith (it’s just to big for the room) and go back to 2 bk 300 df with one of the nice wood finishes more like furniture plus there a great sub

Could you still consider the P12-PR model (x2) so you would get better low end? You would still be able to choose the same nice wood finish or perhaps completely white one including grille? It has the same DF cabinet as the cheaper one so same dimensions, just PR driver on bottom and FF active driver. There is two new grade-b PR models on their ebay site, sadly only white and black (440/430£).

There is also the SB1000 non Pro at 450£ but black oak - small cabinet 33x33x33cm with 12" driver, 300w so similar specs to P12, but better than the P12/XXLS400 for movies reportedly by members. Also gloss finish, but perhaps touch too high price as the new Pro model is not much more.

sm1ggsy

Thanks for the reply’s chaps, ok because it’s a bit tough going here , i was selling the sub to get us over a bad patch and buy something next year but my great wife has said , we will manage , I can not afford another monolith probably ever, but I do need 2 subs now, and it’s my only option to sell this one and some speakers and try to buy 2 smaller sealed subs ,room is 13x13 feet and I don’t listen loud -30 is enough , the problem I’m facing no one wants a sub with no warranty even though I bought it new from a private seller , if svs sb is better than the bk I would go for those. , thanks again

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Surely the sub warranty is transferable sm1ggsy as long as you have proof of purchase. As you say without warranty the sub is worth less not worthless. The trouble is you need to sell with enough to buy two new/used subs if possible.

Where did you get the sub from, a member on here?

sm1ggsy

Surely the sub warranty is transferable sm1ggsy as long as you have proof of purchase. As you say without warranty the sub is worth less not worthless. The trouble is you need to sell with enough to buy two new/used subs if possible.

Where did you get the sub from, a member on here?
Hi , was from eBay cash on collection the chap had ordered 3 but realised how big they were and sold one to me so he has the receipt , all I have is pictures I posted here Monoprice Monolith THX Subwoofers

Last edited:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
If you have his contact details ask him for a copy (photo) so that any problems with the sub you can contact Mono and they should honour the warranty.

Conrad

I think you'll get a decent price in the classifieds if you were to sell. Especially with the recent price rises. It's such a shame if you have to sell, but I appreciate that personal circumstances dictate what we have to do.

sm1ggsy

Just checked my eBay purchases, The good news is the transaction completed on eBay so got order number and contact details, i will contact him , he did say any problems just get in touch

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Anyone else ordered 13" and either shipped/arrived?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom