1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What stand for SAGEM HDD45EU?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by quimpy, Jun 25, 2005.

1. quimpy

quimpy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can someone recommend a nice looking decent stand for this unit. It needs to hold the following: Sky+, Xbox, DVD Player, ctr speaker, DSP and a Amp. Also my surround system is about 10+ yrs old. :eek: and I'm looking for a good basic sytem that will complement this nice TV? Any ideas ppl?

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
  3. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Ikea does not have a very good choice of television stands & the ones you have recommended are awful ! :eek: The one which is 150 cm is too wide for my liking. :thumbsdow

I went to Ikea to look at stands in case I buy a HD-D45 but they just don't have anything suitable.

If you are getting a cool looking tv then you need something to go with the set. One's with glass shelves look nice & seem to have enough room for equipment if you pick the right one :smashin:

If you look on ebay there are some nice ones on offer, though it depends if you want to buy from there.

Comet do a Kenmark 114cm wide stand for £199 which you can buy for £99 if purchased together with a set. Though their standard price is way over the top as Index had the same stand in their current catalogue for £99.99. I don't think you will be able to get it from them anymore as they are closing down. :(

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    "...ones..."? I've only mentioned one equipment rack.

5. Rezillo

Rezillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ...and the Oppli is a real bargain. Shame it's too wide for the original poster - we made ours wider by adding the shorter Oppli alongside the longer one!

I also found that a redundant shelf from a Corras bedside unit (Ikea) matched and fitted the centre section of the longer Oppli, so making a nice support for a centre speaker. We've had ours for over two years now and it still looks good. The birch veneer does yellow, though.

John

6. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :oops: Sorry I also checked out the Ikea link from eviljohn2, hence the other 'one'.

7. TheGaffer

TheGaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Soundstyle ST310 for mine:

http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=1532&qty=1&oid=752&wid=0#options

With the silver frame and black shelves it matches the TV perfectly and looks great. Lots of room for AV equipment on the shelves. Initially I was concerned that it might be too high but it isn't (for me anyway, I guess the height of your sofa also needs to be taken into account).

At £339 it might be a little pricey for you, but after spending 2k on the TV I wanted something that looked good to put it on so I didn't mind forking out for the ST310 myself.

8. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Those Soundstyle racks are very sexy. Love the clean, square lines. Going to get one for my hi-fi soon. :smashin:

Think it's still the Oppli for me though as I want it as low as possible, plus the finish will blend well with the rest of the proposed decor, birch woodwork, etc.

9. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,150
    I'd give Optimum the nod. The stuff is pricey but modular so you can tinker with it over time. Besides, they don't exactly wear out.