• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question What spec Macbook do i need to use a portable music server

marksovereign

Prominent Member
I'm just wrestling with a problem which I need a little help with.
Ive got a 27 inch Imac which houses my music and photo collection on an upgraded SSD/
y Music collection is about 18500 tracks ( 80 -90gb) most of them ripped to iTunes from CD with little iTunes purchases.
I have huge problems getting our ipad to sync with this and despite trying I cloud etc it just doesn't want to work properly and I want to stream my music collection to 2 systems in the house though not simultaneously. I've currently apple-tv streaming this to my hi fi, though I don't really want the TV used as the interface, id rather use the ipad but its simply not playing ball.
I'm considering buying an older mac book just to use for iTunes , copying my music collection on to it and simply connecting via optical to the amp im using at the time. The question is what is the minimum spec I could get away with I thought about a 2011 machine. Has anybody got any comments or help they could give?
cheers
Mark

D

Deleted member 27989

Don't you have iTunes Match? Works seamless for me both in and out of the house across all my devices including Apple Music on Android like in the car...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom