1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kutz, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Kutz

Kutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Yamaha RX-v530RDS amp, and I've been using my brothers KEF 2005 package. Now i've got to give them back I don't know what to get.

I've listened to Misson M73i, with m7ds as rears and a m7c2 centre. I thought these sounded better than the Kefs, and for under £400.

I've got a budget of a round £450, and will probably get a sub later. Any other speaker recomendations? Also, I'm not sure what cables I should get?

2. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about Wharfedale Diamond 8's. I demoed these against the old Mission M73 and thought they sounded better.

3. Kutz

Kutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try does. Any others?

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    You could try some of the Eltax speaker packages from Richer Sounds. Not the small sub/sat systems perhaps but try their floorstander combos. They've had some cracking reviews lately and some of the systems have a built in Subs into the base of the front towers and obviate the need for a separate sub.

They're nicely finished (biwired) and seem pretty well made - well up to the standards of the Missions.

I bought a set about 3 years ago and am more than pleased with them

regards

chris