What speakers

Thanks ,I think I will look into shelf speakers with stands ,do you think stands make a great deal of difference ,cheap ones much different ,I've seen some wooden ones as well? I think I will have to go and try some out in a showroom when this corona virus dissaster is over .living on the isle of Wight is also a bind as hi fi stores won't ship because of the ferry cost .there's a few in driving distance from here to London also Brighton.. I've been to richer sounds in Southampton but never been to audio t in portsmouth.

PJ HiFi in Guildford are pretty good. Also Sevenoaks in Guildford, both of these have at least one demo room.

Actually, looks like 2 Audio T's near you, I've always really liked Audio T and was gutted when the once near me closed.

AudioT do a home loan service. If shipping costs is against you because of the ferry then would it be worth your while picking things up from the premises, I'm sure it's possible because I've done so with my local AudioT, but that's only 20 miles away.

Ok so I have a project classic deck (ortofon m2 silver cart.) a denon amp PMA 800NE, but my speakers are Qlab floor speakers can't remember what exactly they are but they were £300 new about 2 years ago ,not happy with them bass not punchy enough top end ok but not a great deal of clarity really ,not as much as o would like.I've got a small room.what should I upgrade too ,budget up to £1000. Thanks ........
I believe Sevenoaks are doing a deal on Kef Q350s at the moment with 20%. Also other speakers as well. And you can also add your existing speakers in as an exchange (as long as you have the original box)

I am very happy with my B&W 607's, to me they have good rhythmic and strong bass with a very nice high end, they do need some driving, they are a lot quieter than the KEF Q15's.
But I think your amp is hefty enough if its 85w PC as a quick google claims.
With your budget you could look at the 606 which is the bigger brother, and still have money for some tasty stands.
Certainly worth auditioning if you can :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom