1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by woody9811, Jun 20, 2005.

1. woody9811

woody9811

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i'm currently running a cambridge audio a5 amp hooked up to decks & mixer, azur 540C cdp and some eltax silverstone 200's. I want to start upgrading the system and was going to start with the speakers, but im not sure what to go for. I've seen a few out there on special offers such as the Cyrus CLS-70, Castle Durham 3's and Wharfedale Pacific Evo 20's, but does anyone know what any of these are like, or point me towards some good speakers around the £300 mark! :lease: I have pretty varied tastes in music, but mainly listen to indie and rock!
    Thanks!
    John

2. warmar

warmar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would like to know what speakers to buy as well for the ca seperates.richer sounds may be cheap but the staff are useless and you can't demo anything!

3. Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well... I see your wanting to 'upgrade', well, the amp is what you should be starting with and seeing your with Cambridge the next 'step' is Creek, Arcam, Audiolab ( Audiolab arrives in September) I recomend the new Audiolab 8000 range, prefebly the Q model which is pre-amp and 600 quid, which you could hold out for and get it for ex-demo. On the issue of the speakers, well... sticking with Audiolab as the amp, i'd suggest most ranges of Wharfedale and Kef. For the CD player I'd stick with the matching Audiolab Cd player, the 8000CD, which is the same price as the amp. (more than likely I'll have that set up with matching poweramp by christmas with either Diamond range Wharefedale or Q range Kef) Look into it mate :).