1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by atacam, Aug 21, 2004.

1. atacam

atacam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I need some advice, DUe to the redecorating of the front room I need to get some new speakers. Currently I have a set of Linn Keilidhs at the front. I need to get some smaller speakers to fit on top of a built in fitted unit. These are going to be the front set of my 5.1 Prologic set up. I have about £500 to spend plus whatever I can get for the Keilidhs. I am going to get new center, sub and rears eventually so I dont need to match them to anything. So any ideas welcome.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    atacam

A dangerous path to audio nirvana sounds on the cards.

I'd suggest you find the complete set up your after and ensure its one that will be around for a while and then start to purchase it bit by bit.

Its mighty difficult to properly integrate a multi manufacturer 5:1 or 7:1 set up to achieve seamless integration of all the cabinets.

Plenty of manufacturers produce 'ranges' of Home Theatre cabinets that are 'voiced' to enable you to mix and match and look out for brands that don't drop ranges every six months.

Best regards

Joe

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    If you like the Linn sound why not go for 4 Linn Katans and the Trikan for the centre. These will give you the match you need, a Sound your familiar with and good all round sound quality for both movies and music (even sacd and dvd-a) and you needent purchase all in one go.
    I have a Linn Ninka and Trikan front soundstage and it's fantastic for movies and especially music. The are fairly neutrally sounding not adding any colouration which is great in terms of them being able to complement most sources.
    They'll need quite a hefty amp set up to get the best out of them and I would certainly add them to you list of essential auditioning:)
    I'd also look at the B&W 600 series 3 speakers which are fantastic for music and movies too. These are driven a little easier but offer a brighter sound imo.

good hunting :devil: