What speakers?

acerick22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some speakers for my Panny 42PZ85. I just want some decent sound from the tv. I have no AV receiver but have a PS3 which I use for my Blu-Ray stuff.

I am a novice to all this stuff however my budget would be around £200. Though i'm sure Panny speakers would be a lot more.

Well if your after a self contained 2.1 rig that needs no additional amp, and can be used with your ps3, then the only thing I can think of likely to be worth buying to replace your tv speakers is this:

Connected Acoustic - Streaming Audio Systems > Connected Acoustic Sub10 Subwoofer

With a pair of these:

Connected Acoustic - Streaming Audio Systems > Connected Acoustic P1 Active Speakers.

I dont know enough about your setup, but you could hide the sub anywhere in your room, then put the speaker in the appropriate spot. It would make a vast improvement to your tv, but this will only ever be a 2.1 setup. I you wanted to expand to surround sound at a later date you would have to start again from scratch. If 2.1 is enough for you though then Its hard to see anything that could beat the above :smashin:

thanks for that. don't like the look of those much.

went to john lewis and saw the tall free standing speakers with sub woofer and dvd play for £342. dont really want the dvd player but how else would the speakers connect to my tv?

would like the tall free standing speakers though.

To do that you'll need an amp and speakers. Those tall free standing slim speakers need to be backed up with some kind of sub too, so that may be a concern. How much can you spend, we can give you some idea then.

ideally would not want to spend a penny more than £300. a sub and tall speakers (surround sound) would be a bonus?

Best place to go to listen to that kind of kit is a branch of curry's, dixons, PC world. Places like that. They have those systems setup with large flat screen tvs and they are within the budget.

IMO thats what you should do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom