What speakers with Denon 1907 Amp?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by devo18uk, Sep 21, 2007.

1. devo18uk

devo18uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to speaker systems, so I'm after a little help.

I recently bought a Denon 1907 Amp and was wondering what the best kind of speakers would go with this?

I missed out on an M&K K5 Series for £500 which I was well ****** about, which is why I'm on the search now.

I've got an average size living room with a 50" TV, so I want to get the best out of my sports and movies, music isn't really an issue.

I've got a budget of £500-£700, anything quality under that would be a bonus. I also need some advice on where I could find these products.

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Nick

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    Consider the SVS 5.1 setup, here;

www.av-sales.co.uk/Speakers-and-Home-Theatre-22/Surround-Packages-180/SVS-SBS-01-SB12-180-.htm

You could swap the sub for a PB10 or PB12, both bigger and better, but up to £50 cheaper ;)

If that's too steep, you can get the speakers without a sub for £400-450 (I can't remember exactly).
    Then combine these with a BK sub to suit your budget;

www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers.htm

Just for reference, the PB10 and BK Monolith are equally matched, with the Monolith shading it.

Whatever, if you decide to purchase the SVS gear, make sure you tell them you are an AVForums member, to ensure you get the best price ;)

All the kit mentioned is quality and the equivalent of well over a grand, if you were looking at certain other makes :thumbsup: