What speakers should I buy?

mcbarlow

Novice Member
Looking to add front speakers, sub, and rear speakers here. Already to overhead speakers in the ceiling. Moving into the house and wanting to replicate something similar to shown. I’m concerned that the cabinet with the side walls may mess up rear ported bookshelf speakers. The base of the cabinet is too high to place floor standing speakers.

I was thinking kef t205, kef q350 with 250c, or klipsch r bookshelf speakers with centre channel. Any ideas?

741FBC49-F3EB-405D-B3BB-57FACFBA7071.png

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Many of those are rear ported so not the most ideal. Kef T301 + T301c if you looking something ultra thin. Kef Q350 would look goofy wall mounted and you would use the full port bung. Three Q250c would work (front mains vertically upright), but comes too expensive.

Klipsch RP-240D x3 (bit small though)
Amazon product
Dali Oberon On-Wall + Center channel

Monitor Audio Sound Frame

M&K

Triad On-Wall

For subwoofer would need to know size of room and other requirements (size, finish etc)., but Monoprice Monolith THX and SVS subwoofers are your best bet in Canada generally.

Amazon product

mcbarlow

Novice Member
Many of those are rear ported so not the most ideal. Kef T301 + T301c if you looking something ultra thin. Kef Q350 would look goofy wall mounted and you would use the full port bung. Three Q250c would work (front mains vertically upright), but comes too expensive.

Klipsch RP-240D x3 (bit small though)
Amazon product
Dali Oberon On-Wall + Center channel

Monitor Audio Sound Frame

M&K

Triad On-Wall

For subwoofer would need to know size of room and other requirements (size, finish etc)., but Monoprice Monolith THX and SVS subwoofers are your best bet in Canada generally.

Amazon product
Thanks, the books shelf speakers wouldn’t need to be wall mounted, could be on stands as in the picture- just might not be idea beside the side wall and rear wall. Might get the kef T 301 as it may not be as impacted by the proximity to the wall.

the room is about 20 need wide by 40 feet deep (extends behind couch). I’d place the rear speakers on. Buffet table behind the couch.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
It would look quite odd having them on stands on top of cabinets, but if you don`t mind it.. I linked some on-wall models / front ported ones which would work great as they are designed for that. Kef T-range sure, but are they best choice then for large room. Naturally you won´t get same performance as from larger speakers so they rely even more for subwoofer(s). If you are tight on money i would advice starting with 2.1 rather than trying to get everything right away and then having to make compromises.

Paradigm and Klipsch are popular in Canada. PSB is Canadian brand i believe.

RSL should be good option and i think they ship those from US.

Fluance is Canadian based, has some cheaper models.

Axiom Audio likely local brand with many on-wall models.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom