what speakers match the denon avr1910

swampola

Standard Member
hi im a newbie to the world of av so all help is appriciated, i have just bought the denon avr1910 and would like to know what speakers and cable would match, i quite like mordaunt short products but which one?:lease:

dante01

Distinguished Member
hi im a newbie to the world of av so all help is appriciated, i have just bought the denon avr1910 and would like to know what speakers and cable would match, i quite like mordaunt short products but which one?:lease:
All Mordaunt Short speakers have a clinincal nature and would be suitable.

swampola

Standard Member
thanks for the reply, i was thinking of 302's as surounds or alumi's and 900 seris floorstanders as fronts. this is quite a big outlay for me so i dont want to get it wrong, please advise.:lease:

dante01

Distinguished Member
thanks for the reply, i was thinking of 302's as surounds or alumi's and 900 seris floorstanders as fronts. this is quite a big outlay for me so i dont want to get it wrong, please advise.:lease:
What would your budget for speakers be? Monitor Audio would be a better solution in my opinion if you've the funds.

dante01

Distinguished Member
about £800 plus price of cable:rolleyes:
I'd stick with the Mordaunt Short speakers then. You'd get a Monitor Audio BR2 package including a sub for about £900, but this would be with bookshelf speakers and not floorstanders. You'd also have the additional cost of stands to factor in.

swampola

Standard Member
thanks for the advice it is all appriciated, can i through another question at you, what speaker cable is a good choice? i have seen 30m of black rhodium t50 for 65quid or should ibe looking to somthing like chord silver screen. newbie says thanks:confused:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Any 79 strand wire will suffice. I'd limit my choices to some of the more reputable brands and try to not go for cables costting less than £2 per metre.

You never get a huge difference in SQ regardless of however much you spend. A £100 per metre speaker cable will not sound ten times better than one that costs £10 per metre and it is doubtful you'll notice any difference between a £2 per metre cable in comparison to a £15 per metre cable with a budget system, especially a system that with mainly be used for AV duties.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom