What speakers for Cambridge Audio 640AV2 + 640CV2?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sandeepk, Apr 19, 2007.

1. sandeepk

sandeepk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have listened to KEF (iQ5/iQ9), Mordaunt Short (902/906/908), Boston Acoustics, AE-Evo3, Proac Studios and Linn Ninka and Katan.

My room is 12ftx14ft and i normally listen to soft rock, classical music and floyd stuff. I have zeroed on ProAc Studio 110 (though i have to spend on a good stand), KEF iQ5.

Anybody has this AMP + Speakers combination? How does it sound? For me listening to ProAc was heaven! Very good midrange and very deep tight bass (which is missing in KEF iQ5). Please let me know if anybody has use3d this combination or any other speakers which sound good with CA combination. Thanks for your help. Cheers!

2. tahoe joe

tahoe joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the CA 640, paired with Monitor Audio Silver rs6, and they go great together. Sounds fantastic, across the full range. I tested side-by-side against the iq5, and preferred the MA without question. In many ways. I would, however, say that these speakers like a lot of room, and I would hesitate to put them in a room as small as yours...

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,960
    In a small room the Epos M5 is still the best we've heard with the 640 pairing.