1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What speakers? Eltax Titanium?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Evil Ally, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Evil Ally

Evil Ally
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for decent front speakers for my home cinema system. I would like to keep the price under £200. I see that the Eltax Titaniums are going for £120 at richersounds online (they seem to be confused about the power output 70w or 180w??). I'm kicking myself for not getting the Eltax symphony 6.2s when they were £90.......

Anyone any opinions on what to buy?

Thanks for your help.

Ally

2. Paulbmw

Paulbmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant go to far wrong with Eltax.I have owned many models and i cant fault them for the money.The last set I had were Liberty 5+.I think they were £100 from richer sounds.They are superb av speakers.The clarity was amazing.But what really shocked me was the vocals when i played cds. e.g.I played a couple of tracks from Rise by Gabrielle.Her vocals came from thin air.It was like the speaker did not exist.I am not normally one to use words such as heavenly,but she surly must be the Archangel :blush:

Ive changed all my av stuff recently and leant more to a stereo setup.I brought some Pioneer S-H510 for£170.They drop to 30Hz so i got a soft bass.They need to be bi-wired cos the treble can get a bit lost otherwise.I had to use spikes on these as well.But once thats done you are in the "annoy neighbour territory" They take a real load of volume,and with certain tracks you can almost get a sense of air pressure :laugh: They not bad with dvd either.Hard to beleive when you look at the cones that they have the oomph.I wont need a sub either,so if your on a budget you can kill 2 birds with one stone and save some room as well

Good Luck :)

In short...S-H510 if stereo music Eltax Liberty 5+ if dvd movie