What speakers do YOU have? List/Photos only, no chat!

As per my signature, the 603's need a lot of space and the dense bungs in the rear if you are listening to music, the bass can be a bit flabby they need lots of power hence the 6100's which they sound great with. Bass is excellent sound staging and detail are good - Highly recommended for AV use.

I am hopefully getting some more Solid’s for rear duties care of e-bay, if you can find them they make great surround speakers especially as they have an integrated stand. http://www.bwspeakers.com/downloadFile/speakerModel/done-_product_info_Solid_Series.pdf

Oh I have some B&W LM1's in the Kitchen, and another pair of Solids in the bedroom on the Alarm Clock!

Bought my entire set up second hand (only way to afford such a set up!) and got myself into 'trouble' with the demands to drive them properly...

B&W Matrix 803 Series 2 [Fronts]
B&W Matrix HTM

B&W Matrix 805 [Rears]

All I need next is a matching sub!​

As below... Nobody has mentioned the 500 series yet so I thought I'd put them down. Moving house soon- smaller lounge- no room for THX- going back to Mordaunt Short :(

Now my systems are settling down a bit after a long round of upgrades here's what I've got:

Main Hifi - Infinity Kappa 8 4' tall and 100lbs a piece but they still pass as furniture thanks to a lovely Canadian Rosewood finish. Bought them nearly 15 years ago for £800 which was half price at the time. Going to buy a Feedback Destroyer next to help tighten the bass up on them - otherwise they are perfect and I could never part with them,

Main AV - Paradigm Monitor 5 mains, Paradigm CC350 Centre and Paradigm Atom rears. These speaker cost me about £150 for the lot secondhand and I think they sound a lot better than the missions 774/77c that they replaced. Sub is a Rel Storm which I thought was perfection when I got it but know better now will probably change to a servo 15 or SVS.

Bedroom - JBL Control 1 monitors. Everyone should own a pair of these you can use them just about anywhere and they as tough as they come. Use them with a DVD hifi and Coolview LCD monitor.

Flat AV - Wharfedale Diamond 8.1s mains no centre as there are only 2 of us in a central seating area. We bought the centre but it just sounded better without it. Currently using Yamaha NSE105 rears which are OK for a discrete design but I'm keeping an eye out for something else to try.

Other speakers currently not in use:

Roksan Hotcakes nice little speakers which will probably go into the study when I get round to wiring it up.

Goodmans Maxamp neat little active monitors which we tend to leave in the back of the car and hook to an MD walkman when travelling.

I have Canon s30's and two Cewin Vega AT 80's:D

Dave.

M&K 850 Fronts
M&K 850 Centre
M&K CS29 Column Surrounds
B&W ASW 750

:D

Hey all, these are not strictly following the rules but I have to mention them. They are my Celestion Dittton 44's. I ahve a pair and they are fantastic. They have a lovely sound and the bass is spectacular. 10inch speaker so they are VERY big.

Mordaunt Shorts only been mentioned 3x in this thread, so no harm in 4 more :)
Mordaunt Short Performance 860 fronts- 3 1/2 way resinrock/concrete floorstanders, triwirable, £2k new
Mordaunt Short THX504 centre- not a true match, a bit outclassed really, but its the best one they do at the moment. Nice voicing actually, but the 2 1/2 way configuration takes some getting-used to £200
Mordaunt Short 903 bipoles- lovely little rear speakers that spread the sound out fantastically for the size. Have integral keyhole mounting. £180
Mordaunt Short 304 rear centre- also sold in Premiere system. Wouldn't use as main centre as male vocals sound unrealistic, but fine for the rear centre channel. £90

Monitor Audio all round for me (except Sub)

Fronts: MA Silver 4i
Center: MA Silver c10i
Rears: MA Silver FXi Di-Bipole

Sub: Blueroom BaseStation (Silver) - Definately adds the rumbles to films -

Excellent speakers, great build and Wife friendly looks too

Gary

As per signature below... I've also got a pair of DM 600 S3's in the dining room, a Nakamichi SoundSpace 1 in the bedroom and a pair of Linn Sweetspots in the bathroom...

At the moment I have ,Kef Q55s Kef 95c linn unik surrounds &mission 77ds back speakers with a Rega Vulcan sub

I have 4 floor standing Polk RT800 250W RMS
2 Floor standing speakers for the front
2 Floor standing speakers for the rear
Polk /CS400 centre
2 Psw450 subwoofers.
hopefully in the new year if i want to be ostentatious and being an admire i will change the centre and front speakers to Martin Logans.

A pair of Mission m70 and in my small room they sound excellent.

Music :

Quad 11l : Lovely transparent sound, beatiful finish, great value.

Film : B&W 601, 600, LCR60 : Nice and punchy, but a bit bright with music. (I *really* gotta get a sub to help the poor 601s though)

Fronts: Acoustic Energy Evo 3 (£319 from Superfi)
Centre: Acoustic Energy Evo Centre (£99 from Hughes Direct)
Rears: Eltax HT2-R Bipolars (£79 from Richer, down to £49 now)
Rear Centre: Eltax HT2-C (£40 on Ebay!)
Subs: 2x Eltax Sub10 (Around £120 each)

Fronts are all birwired. Seriously impressed with the AE speakers, especially the centre - I was using the Eltax there until I upgraded.
For the money the rears are fantastic value and can belt out an impressive rich sound.
Subs are OK, although could probably be upgraded later. They do the job quite nicely, and since adding some decent cables produce a nice tight sound.

Overall very pleased with the lot of them. I can highly recommend the AE.

Ollie

Eltax Millenium Boxed set (inc 2 HT2 Bi Polars) - Was my bargain basement entry to surround. A boxed set which was advertised at £249.99 for £69 the lot when the rears alone were retailing at £79. In fact I bought it to get the rears £10 cheaper and never used the main speaker until 10 months ago.

My friends and I have never failed to be amazed at how damn good they sound.

The fronts have a smooth response and plenty of bass - for a long time I did without a sub woofer and now I have one its only improved the system in show off value!!! Know what I mean.

Also have B & W Dm 603 Mk II in the main hifi, some Rogers LS2's on bedroom hifi upstairs, Missions 731i's, Celestion Dittons II's, Baby Monitor Audios - lots of old stuff that I just never seem to get rid of

Front l&r: Mission 774 (as far as I know they are identical to the 773 but sligthly bigger)
Front center: Gale Center 1 (it matches the Missions suprisingly well considering its price)
Rear l&r: Boston VRS Micro

6.1 Mordaunt Short THX 500 system running atm, but looking to upgrade to 8.1, extra 2 surround l/r's, and will be getting the monitor audio bronze BFX rear speakers.
Fred

M&K S85's all round with REL Storm3 Sub. Driven by a Yamaha AX1, which is great but maybe not quite good enough for the speakers. Will maybe buy a better amp next year, but it will have to be good to improve on the current sound.
Having had the M&K's for two years, I would never use anything else for home cinema.

I have a Quadral speaker package (1270) which for my first 5.1 seems fine thru my Yamaha 630, I have just been in touch with Yello Ltd and managed to source an extra Quadral 100 as a rear centre at a bargin £30 including P+P

Celestion 15i's for the mains, some rubbish one's for the front centre, rear centre and surrounds and the Tour De Force.... RTP-12 subwoofer!
And it's a one off, unique subwoofer made just for me and you can't have it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom