What speakers do i need?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Shadow Jam, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Shadow Jam

Shadow Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems im a little behind on the times when it comes to speakers.

just got a projector, and i was planning on connecting my speakers from the loft to it, but found there was no audio output on a projector...

i then had to go and buy a dvd player with an audio output, but i get home to find the audio output socket on my dvd player doesnt match my speakers...

my speakers are strange.... they are round with two large metal pins. one is round and below the other which is central, and rectangular...

they are a bit old, so fair enough, but even my pc speakers wont connect and they are a basic headphone shaped thing...

it seems that my dvd plarer audio output is intended to run thorugh an rgb cable sized connection, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what speakers i need to ask for tomorrow when i go to the shops, as i didnt think rgb transmitted sound...

thanks

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    You need an amp to power the speakers, i've seen the connection you describe on 'all in one systems' and on tv's which supports external/extra speakers.

You can get the required connector from maplins, and proably other speaker stores.