What speakers do i Buy for X1500h denon ?

Ash90

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys ,
i need satellite speakers (5.0)
i have two options :
1. klipsch quintet ii
2. JBL (high model) in satellite speaker category

which will be better for long run ?? details and quality , loudness , overall experience .

I watch 5.1 movies most of the times than listening to musics a bit wen compared .. so kindly suggest .. thanks

Which sounds best to you?

If you’re just buying off specs, as satellite speakers have small drivers they’re not usually very efficient so I would probably favour the model with the highest sensitivity rating, especially if you listen at loud levels. Be aware that Klipsch have a history of overrating their sensivitiy levels by using in-room measurements, not an open air one.

Your choice of sub will be critical as it will need to be comfortable playing at quite high frequencies.

Which sounds best to you?

If you’re just buying off specs, as satellite speakers have small drivers they’re not usually very efficient so I would probably favour the model with the highest sensitivity rating, especially if you listen at loud levels. Be aware that Klipsch have a history of overrating their sensivitiy levels by using in-room measurements, not an open air one.

Your choice of sub will be critical as it will need to be comfortable playing at quite high frequencies.

JBL Cinema Sound CS6100 sensitivity = 88db​

Klipsch Quintet II Sensitivity = 90db​

so which would be better ?? should i also consider driver ??

Assuming they've been rated on the same basis (which is a big assumption that's probably wrong), those specs indicate that the Klipsch should be able to play about 15% louder when fed the same amplifier power.

The drivers in both speakers are 89mm (3.5") which is absolutely tiny so I wouldn't expect anything wondrous from either of them. And if you want to hear any bass you'll need to pair them with a sub that can play cleanly up to at least 120Hz.

As a brand I prefer JBL but that's just me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom