• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What Speakers and Sound Card to Get?

jpwild

Standard Member
I have now purchased various parts for a new rig: I7 920, UD3R mobo, 5850 GFX and Win 7x64

I have not yet purchased a sound card as I want to hear what the on board option is like. However, in the event of it not being good I would like options for new speakers and sound card.

At the moment I have an Audigy 2ZS and Creative 5.1 GD580. I connect the speakers to the PC with spdif connection. I am happy with this setup, but feel I could have better quality with new gear.

I only use these speakers as a 2.1 setup and don't use the rear ones, so would be quite happy with a 2.1 speaker system. However, I have a PS3 connected to my sound system via optical and very happy with the sound quality.

I also enjoy having an external decoder to switch between the PC / PS3 sound and volume control.

I don't require a 7.1 speaker setup. I do listen to music, watch films and play games. I get very confused with analogue, spdif and optical connections. Must be able to link PS3 to speakers as well - I use HDMI to PS3.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom