Question what speaker should I buy

ism

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've been thinking of upgrading my sound system to something a bit bigger.
My current system is a Denon AVR 1713. Front speakers is MA BX2 and center is JbL studio 225C.My rom size is medium size but I'm not sure about the dimension.
I had my heart pretty much settled on Dali Zensor5 and wharfedale Diamond 10.7.
I need some advice which speaker is suitable for my system. Do I need to upgrade my amp? If need, what amp should I buy?
Would really appreciate some advice.:)
Thanks in advance , ISM

You have AVR and center speaker, so i guess movies are the thingie for you. MA BX2 are good speakers for the price. Bronze series has now changed, i have the new line (Center, Bronze 1) with old line BX5. Also i have listen the new Bronze 2, which sounded again very good. Now if i needed to buy speakers for enjoying movies, i wouldn`t buy tower speakers. You put your speakers to small/80hz and subwoofer get`s the job done. So BX2 are very good at the front.

BX2 has big enough drivers (6,5"). So i would change that center speaker to BX Center (you may find it very cheap on sale) or new Bronze Center. That way you get better sound coming from the front, as all three would be same sound signature. JBL has also smaller drivers than B/BX Centre, and sounds different from MA. To get front three the same, it would be your first thing. If you have the space, you could buy one BX2 at centre too. 3-5 same speakers would be the most ideal setup. Just look at M&K, Jamo, XTZ..

Your AVR is decent. 5.1, DTS HD-MA, Audussey MultEQ XT etc. With AVR`s you have to put a lot more money to get something really better, depending what you are after. Sure you can buy better AVR, but i think better center speaker and subwoofer is most important (for movies). Also you didn`t mention about rear speakers.

For movies i would buy better sub than better line speakers. I give you example. I listened the bronze line and silver line from MA. With movies i don`t think it matters that much. To my ears Silver didn`t bring that much more, for the price it does not make any sense. For music only, it would be different thing. Remember i am movie guy 100%.

So good stands for BX2, for Center speaker. As good sub as you can buy. Rear speakers?

Hi Gasp,
Thanks for ur advice. At the moment I don't have rear speakers. I'm also 90% movie guys. So I need to add two surround speakers and woofer right? Any recommend for these?
thanks again

Yes. And if you can find that BX Center cheap (BX is now on sale cause new line has arrived) that would be good. Check out also used ones. Remember, center speaker maybe the most important with movies, crisp clear dialogue. JBL only has small 4" drivers and is small and sounds different from the BX`s. If not now, upgrade it later.
For the rear speakers there is lot to choose from. It doesn`t have to be same series, but i have used small different make speakers rear and now the new MA Bronze 1`s. The sound field feels more solid (bcause all speakers from same line). Maybe you could find MA BX1 used/sale or BR1, they are cheap and the sound signature is very near with BX. Size isn`t bad either. They are much smaller than your BX2.

There is subwoofer section here in forum, there are lot of guys that knows what to buy if you give them price. But if you have been reading the forums some times, you can`t go wrong with SVS. Check out the models SB2000 (also piano black), PB1000&PB2000 for medium room with movies. I am amazed you don`t have sub, if 90%.. There is night and day difference sub with movies. Prepare to be blown away! You can`t achieve that with floorstanders. As i said, please buy as good sub as you can, because you regret it later if don`t. You live in singapore. This shop sells SVS, so give them a call when you know what you are getting, maybe you can go there listen to them:

KEC Sound System Pte Ltd
No1 Coleman Street #04-36
The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Email: [email protected]

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/sealed-box/sb-2000
http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb-1000
http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb-2000

Thanks again for ur advice and informaation. Tomorrow i will go there for audition.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom