What speaker cables are people using with the Kef 3005SE please?

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Those of you in here who have purchased or going to purchase the 3005SE... please can I ask what speaker cable you are using to connect them up?

All my cables go under the floor. I have a trapdoor in the floorboards that allows to crawl under the house (so to speak)... cables are all hidden and come up through the floor/carpet by the appropriate device in the living room... makes it very tidy.

If I buy the stands that go with these I believe a thickish cable will not work with the stands. So a heads up on what you have would be appreciated here... as I am 90% certain these will be the speakers I purchase next month after my demo @ Sevenoaks.

Many thanks in advance,

Gazza.
_______

I'm sure your dealer will be able to recommend some speaker cable and probably give you some discount if you're buying a few items from them. I don't have Kefs but can highly recommend QED SA for the fronts and centres. It's not too thick but can be difficult to work with. For the rears there is no need to spend £££'s as they only carry effects unless you're playing multi-channel audio i.e. SACD or DVD-Audio, so have a look at Ixos 233 (flat), QED Micro or VanDamme Blue. The VDC Blue is used by loads of people on here and is available on the powerbuy above and gets a big :thumbsup: I would have a look at that and get some cheap banana plugs e.g. profigold to terminate them (Banana plugs make it easier for connecting and reconnecting).

Try these - http://www.clearly-av.co.uk/ they do Profigold bananas for £1.15 a piece (everywhere else does them for £7 for 4) - they will hold 4mm2 cable (5mm2 at a push) and have two screws per plug, you'll need a jeweler's screwdriver for them but they *really* grip. Quality. They've got VanDamme cable or low profile Profigold Bassflex cable for the rears which is really small and very flat.

Try these - http://www.clearly-av.co.uk/ they do Profigold bananas for £1.15 a piece (everywhere else does them for £7 for 4) - they will hold 4mm2 cable (5mm2 at a push) and have two screws per plug, you'll need a jeweler's screwdriver for them but they *really* grip. Quality. They've got VanDamme cable or low profile Profigold Bassflex cable for the rears which is really small and very flat.

Fantastic price for banana plugs, just ordered a handful myself....:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom