1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Speaker Cable ? Any Idea ???

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jazzman, Mar 29, 2005.

1. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hello guys everything is almost set except my speaker cables i dont have much choice in turkey i cold go and buy speaker cables from radioschak but i know that i shouldnt do that.

This is the topic in which i am most confused pvc insulated, teflon insulated, symmetricoax, they dont mean much to me i have different possibilites either pay serious money, for something like van den hul or buy cheap cables which will not be that cheap after all due to shipping from the US such as canare star quad with wbt banana plugs i just find a guy who sells speaker cables in dubai the brand name is Wireworld but they seem to be coax cables used as well for speaker cabling.

Needing your advice once agian :lease:

regfards

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Try CAT5 network cable. Nightshade has various posts on how to make this up.

Are you Turkish yourself? I am married to a Turk and I am a fan of Fenerbache.

3. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hı actually i am Turkish and i am a fan of FENEBAHCE as well actually you just made my day we have a continuing argument about who is the best turkish soccer team in Turkey with my colleagues and i just show them your message and the point was made.

Back to the cable issue i will sure take a look at the posts of nightshade but will a DIY cable work as good as a dedicated speaker cable or in basic a cable is just a cable after all.
    My fiancee is going to dubai next week and i found a hifi shop who sells the below speaker cables for the below price which seems to be a good deal compared to the online prices. I would like to hear your final word on it especially for the fronts and center which are the most important speakers to be cabled

luna -- 8 usd / meter with gold banana term. no biwire

orbit -- 11 usd / meter with term - internal biwire

Solstice 5 15 usd / meter with term. banana or spades

4. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Good 2-0 victory in the last game I am a fan of both Fatih and Basturk.

I think Fener are still top of the league are they not?

Anyway I do not know of this cable at all, so I cannot give a review.
    I am sure in Turkey you will be able to get some CAT5 computer network cable at a reasonable price.
    You basically braid together 3 lengths of cable. Once you have done this you then open the outer cable at both sides and you will notice 8 small cables - 4 coloured and 4 white with a coloured stripe. You would then do this for all three cables. The coloured cables are the positive connections for the speakers and the amp (RED), while the white with the coloured stripe are the negative connections (BLACK).
    You would then do the same for all of your speakers, however it might not be suitable for your rears if you dont want a big braided cable across your floor.
    If you search CAT5 on this forum there will be better descriptions how to make this (also for biwiring) and how it will look.

5. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    forgot to add, Güle güle jazzman

Remember to follow the blue half of Glasgow.

6. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
  7. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5