1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Source?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marty Williams, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to feed the best possible 576p source to my 576 line projector. The XV-Z200e can accept DVI or Component.

So.......

What's best?

I'm looking at either a dedicated de-interlacer for my 737 (DVDO Iscan Ultra, probably), buying a DVI capable DVD player (but only if it's significantly better quality than my 737 over component) or building an HTPC.

Or anything else anyone can suggest.

2. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Think an HTPC would give you the best options, and probably the most cost effective also. You'd be able to use it as your hub for media content. Combine Zoomplayer with FFDshow, and you've a killer of an output.

Then you've got games, music, DivX, .TS files, as well as being able to have your htpc as a scaler for tv/sat feeds..........

3. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one. Thanks.

I'll shift my workstaion computer into the living room and give it a try (I'm not sure why I haven't done it before, now that I think of it).

I'm running a Radion 9800pro with an Athlon2500+ and I use Power DVD when viewing movies on my monitor. Should be adaquate, shouldn't it?

4. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Config should be fine. I'd also recommend getting a capture card, so you can feed other signals into it. I use a £30 Packard Bell card, and it works great, with RF and Svideo inputs. Use that with Dscaler and you've got a nice way of watching tv.

Packages to look out for (think they're all shareware):-

Powerstrip (for 1:1 pixel mapping)
    Dscaler
    FFDShow
    ZoomPlayer
    VLC

Also highly rate, though about £50, is Theatretek

5. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh right. I was wondering how I was going to get 1024*576 out of the 9800. It doesn't seem to support that res.

I'll grab a copy of Powerstrip.

ta