what soundbar

Maniasek

Novice Member
Hi, I am wondering what soundbar i should chose.
I am thinking about buying a Yamaha YSP-5600 but its pretty old but not so bad i think. I am consi also SAMSUNG HW-N950. What will be the best? As far as the room is concerned my room looks like that: Bez-nazwy so i do not have opportunity to use rear speakers from SAMSUNG as am I right ? I would like to know what do you think about my situation. In my country Yamaha ysp-5600 with sub woofer is more expensive then new SAMSUNG so that's why I am asking you because you know better what to buy. I will be watching TV especially NETFLIX with ATMOS and playing at PS4

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Surround sound (no matter which Soundbar you use) is going to be very difficult to achieve in your room.

Consider instead using your budget on a 2.0 or 2.1 system which will work in your space.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Surround sound (no matter which Soundbar you use) is going to be very difficult to achieve in your room.

Consider instead using your budget on a 2.0 or 2.1 system which will work in your space.

Joe

Maniasek

Novice Member
Thanks for your replay. But auto calibration on yamaha will also do not work ? The guy in yamaha shop said that it should work really good in that room. By the way it is not my apartment and I do not know how long I will be living here so I am looking for good soundbar because I next flat I will do everything to have opportunity to have good placing for dolb atoms and ect. So do not looking at room what soundbar should I buy?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘The guy in the Yamaha shop’ - will tell you anything to get the sale :)

Some of the YSP units are more flexible than other brands when it comes to positioning but they cannot create miracles in a poor layout.

Which Soundbar? Something cheap for now and upgrade once you know what will work well in your next Room.

Joe

Maniasek

Novice Member
No, some premium like yamaha ysp-5600 or samsung hw-950 with Dolby atoms. I would like to ask you additional question yamaha do no have hdr passtrough what does it mean? That film with hdr will not be displayed on tv or hdr will not be available but movie will go ?

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If a Soundbar or AVR does not support HDR the Source device can not enable HDR so you will always be limited to sending SDR from the Source to your Display.

Some HDR capable Source devices will have two HDMI Outputs - one for HDR direct to your Display the second for Audio to your Soundbar for Audio.

Joe

Maniasek

Novice Member
So the film will go but in poorest quality. But as far as soundbar is concerned what soundbar I should chose to have the best experiences with sound and good bass?:)

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Source will be limited to sending an SDR signal to an HDR capable TV - which you may or may not find ‘poorer’ than an HDR signal on your TV.

If you have a Soundbar which supports HDR you can compare SDR to HDR on your HDR capable TV.

Joe

Maniasek

Novice Member
Ok, so if we do not take in to considiration room, what do you recommend for me ? With price like samsung hw-n950 or yamaha ysp-5600

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom