1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what sound system for the gamecube??

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by snake II, Jun 12, 2002.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hi 2 everyone,
    i was wondering if anyone could point out which sound system is the best for the cube, i've seen a picture of the schp ????? model on www.cube-europe.com but it is in 2.1 i think all cube ones are in that format anyway which is the best one.
    cheers

2. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go for an amp/system with Prologic II.

Rougue leader uses it, and the dev tools used are being released to the rest of the gamecube dev community...

I always get a bit confused whether PL2 is encoded in the normal stereo output, or if the PL2 algorithm of an amp makes the stereo all 'surroundy'. anyone?

3. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as i'm aware and have read PL2 is just a series of algorithims to provide 'stereo' rear output linked from the respective front source. PL2 can be used on any stereo, surround sound or pro-logic source, even mono to a certain degree - its a software issue.
    the source material is not specially coded for PL2, thats most likely marketing hype - Lucasfilm et al probably just fettled with the encoding a wee bit so they could say that.

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The audio test on Rogue Squadron has a tie fighter that circles round the room, the sound from which comes from each of the speakers. ie when it is behind and left the sound only comes from the surround left speaker and it graduates as it 'flies around the room'

This appears to me to be more than making front sound 'surroundy' as there is no sound from the fronts or Centre when the Tie is behind. Does this mean there is sound steering encoded in the signal, either that or PLII is cleverer than I thought....?