• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

What Sound Settings to use - BWT700

grnicol

Hi,

Looking for some advice, having finally moved to a new TV with HDMI etc. (Panasonic TX-L37ET5B) and I'm trying to work out how to get the best sound out of the HDD/Bluray BWT.

I'm connected from the BWT700 into a Panasonic Home Theatre Sound Bar (SC-HT550B), which in turn goes into the TV on HDMI2 (ARC).

What confuses me are the various sound options on the BWT700. I.e. Bitstream versus PCM, and Dynamic range compression or notand PCM Down conversion. The manual seems to assume one knows what all these are and what best to set them to....

Everything seems to be on PCM of-air and just wondered if I'm getting the optimum setup for playing DVD/BD as well as HD recordings.

Grateful for any pointers!

MTIA,
Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom